Better File Link
I created the Better File Link plugin for the note taking app Obsidian  to make local file links more accessible. It features an interface to select files right from within Obsidian. No need to open a new Finder/File Explorer window to manually drag and drop files to your note.
You can find it in the official community plugins list right in Obsidian  or on GitHub .
Other features and settings to improve file links:
- custom prefix shown before every file link when adding multiple files
- toggle visibility of file endings
- decide whether the file or the folder containing the selected file should be linked
- choose to embed files in the note instead of only linking it
These file types are supported for embedding:
- Markdown: md
- Images: png, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp, svg
- Audio: mp3, webm, wav, m4a, ogg, 3gp, flac
- Video: mp4, webm, ogv
- PDF: pdf